Friday, September 20, 2013

NRL Finals Week Two: Amazingly accurate psychic predictions

WOW WHAT AN INCREDIBLE ROUND OF FINALS LAST WEEK, TH – stupid caps lock button keeps sticking – the only real upset being that North Queensland lost to Cronulla, but no one was really that upset about it.  Except North Queensland.  And no one cares what they think anyway.  So basically, it’s a win/win situation for everyone.  Except North Queensland.  So more of a win for us then.

The entire NRL week has been dominated by talk over the referee’s kerfuffle in the Nth QLD game in which they did not correctly count the number of tackles in a set by Cronulla, giving them an extra play in which they scored.  Johnny Thurston claimed that it was a conspiracy by the NRL to keep the game within New South Wales due to the Queensland Origin side winning the last eight years straight.  I think someone may have swapped Thursty’s XXXX-mid-strength with a full-alcohol beer. 

I had a grand plan to review every game of the NRL this year and make sure that no other team had been dudded or awarded an extra tackle, but then I realised that that was going to be a whole shit-tin of watching games I didn’t want to watch the first time around, and paying attention to them, so I didn’t.  I will say, however, that it probably happens more than anyone realises, and the NRL teams need to stop bitching and moaning about everything.   

FINALS WEEK TWO

Manly vs Sharks
Melbourne vs Knights

With only two games to tip this week, it gives me heaps more space to give my own personal political agenda a bit of air time.

.
.
.
.
.

I don’t really have much to say, to be perfectly Francis.

This round of finals should go according to plan – I don’t think that the Sharks or the Knights have the firepower to do a whole lot of damage to the finals series this year; I can see Cronulla putting a scare through Brookvale in front of the 19 angry Manly fans who bother turning up instead of just sitting around whinging at their TV, but they won’t win.  Manly to win in a shitty game 14-6.

Newcastle will get out to a 10-0 lead before Melbourne change gear and run out convincing 26-16 winners.

So.  There you go.

The Abbott Government is trying to keep me down.  
Also, I should stop swearing so maliciously.
But I won't.
Fucking fucks.

No comments: